Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crosstalk: call originates from 11xx/SIP set calling through TDM/PRI any phone SETs

Status
Not open for further replies.

wgocip

Technical User
Jun 19, 2012
CA
Hi Everyone,

Hi Everyone,
We are facing a weird issue: When a call is originated from a SIP set 1140/1120 to external phone set via PRI/PSTN randmonly call get crosstalk/jumpped to another call;
Or sometimes during the call, the phone goes on hold without pressing any key.
The calling party can hear someone else's conversation; (and some times the called party feels like it was put on hold)

We've checked both SS_common.log on the SLUG and MCS32s cards logs as well as the CS1000s errors but we can't find any errors;
All the MCS32s card seem to negiotiate the right codec and their hourly stats shows 0 errors

Any idea on what could be the problem and how can efficiently troubleshoot the problem as it hard to catch a live one.
Note:We didn't notice any crossTalk betwen 1140/1120 sets.

Call Flow:

Avaya SIP SET 1120/1140 (ver 4.3) <-- SIP --> Avaya-SLG <--> CS1000M (releasee 7.5) <-- PRI --> ANY phones SET
<--------------------------- IP ------------------------------><------------------------------------------------ TDM --------------------------------->

Are all your patches up to date? Try doing the MIRCC and see whats defective/obsolete

** Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Hi Tacosoup

At one point yes we've loaded all latest patches that were included in the 7.5 service pack 24 and another delta patch that was suggested by Avaya;
Did you see any similar case with one of your customers?
Thank you.

Hi wgocip,

Couple of ideas - probably left field

How many phones in question 1-3-200 ??
Did the system always act this way or was there a trigger (upgrade/new settings/whatever)??
Try a 2002p2 or 2004p2 phone - is issue the same ??
Is 1120/1140 firmware latest and greatest (0624C8V/0625C8V I believe)
Hard select your codecs on all media cards to G711 only
and last but not least - are the devices being called on the PSTN side SIP or everything under the sun (cell,analogue)

Only a thought

TGD

Hi golfdoctor,

1- we are talking about 2000 phones;
2- We start to notice this when we are migrating more users from analog/digital phones to Avaya 1140/1120 sets.
3- The 1120/1140's software version is SIP 4.3 (I'm currently testing 4.4 sp2)
4- All media cards (MC32S) are configured with G711 a-law
5- No 1140/1120 iniatiate the call to pstn.

Call Flow:

Avaya SIP SET 1120/1140 (ver 4.3) <-- SIP --> Avaya-SLG <--> CS1000M (releasee 7.5) <-- PRI --> ANY phones SET
<--------------------------- IP ------------------------------><------------------------------------------------ TDM --------------------------------->

Hi wgocip,

I am not going to be much of a resource however if I had to guess it sounds to me its the codecs or your PSTN trunks/carrier. I don't use SIP phones/SIP trunking on any of my systems so I won't be much help.

Couple of things;

TDM/PRI card - I assumed this is a traditional digital PRI/PRA setup (ie not sip trunking)

Not sure about para 4 response - are all MC32S cards configured for G711 only ? - meaning no other codec is enabled or allowed. Never used MC32s but I assume you can force the card(s) to use only the G711 and T38 codec (fax)- those codecs are on by default but the other codecs come into play if they have been enabled. If you are in North America maybe mu-law vs a-law is the configuration setup to use however I'm not sure if this would cause any of the issues described.

Do you have any 1120/1140 IP phones that are non SIP or even digital sets and do they experience the same type of issues ?

Only a thought ..

TGD

HI,

It's hapenning with the SIP 1140/1120 phone only; That's why I'm trying to focus on the MC32s cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back