Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crosstab totals different on users machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

chainedsqljunkie

Programmer
Oct 15, 2008
US
Crystal reports version 12.1.0.892
with crystal runtime CRRuntime_12_0_mlb.msi installed on users machines

reportdocument object datasource is set in c# from datatable retrieved from SQL with 29 rows

report has a running total count of details, reset on change of group 3 "status"

at end of group 3 cross tab summarized field is the running total, row is set to status
totals are correct on my machine and everyone elses

end of group 2 "dealer" contains crosstab, summarized field is the running total, rows is set to status and dealer
the sum is perfect on my machine, showing 29 details, on EVERYONE elses machine it shows 57

end of group 1 "agent" contains crosstab, summarized field is the running total, rows are set to status, dealer and agent.
the sum is perfect on my machine, showing 29 details, on EVERYONE elses machine it shows 57

the report footer has the same crosstab as the group 1 footer, and I get the same results

I am tearing my hair out. I tried reinstalling the run time for the users, making a new report that accesses a different stored proc with the same query, to make certain I wasn't hitting a different schema, and the results are the same. 29 for me, 57 for everyone else.

Take a detailed look at the data. One possibility is nulls - some machines are set to change them to values, and then 'kill' any formula that includes them.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 11.5 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

thanks Madawc,

I checked, no nulls. No blank fields, have you heard of a new runtime from business Objects by any chance? I've tried the old runtime 10 that comes with visual studio on the users machines and it just flat doesnt work for some reason. The only one that seems to work is the CRRuntime_12_0_mlb.msi. I'm looking at the Business Objects Support Software Downloads, and I see there is a new redistributable installation, I'll try replacing the old redistributable with this new one and see if the runtime library is newer. Perhaps I have a newer fix set on my machine that is correcting this problem. In fact, my download just finished, the zip contains CRRuntime_12_3_mlb.msi...
++J

Sorry, I don't know Runtime. My other suggestion was to take a close look at the data. An embedded space in a string of names would cause those names to be included in separate groups.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 11.5 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

CRRuntime_12_3_mlb.msi solves the problem. I must have enough hotfixes loaded to solve it on my dev machine. Let it be known :) the runtime released with 12 is buggy. I had run into problems with it a couple years ago, and work3d around it by writing my own grouping summations in crystal, but the new crosstab grouping stuff works exactly as expected. Anyone releasing software that internally displays/[hands data to] crystal reports needs to distribute a redistributable runtime, avilible here:

use the 3.1 release it seems to be stable and easier than ever to set up. It didnt ask me for a registration number, dont know if that is because it was stored in my registry from last time somewhere. I "add remove programs"'ed the old runtime and old .net crystal framework on the users machines before installing and everything went smooth. Trying to get the local admin to do a nightly batch push to the whole user base tonight, I'll let you know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back