Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crosstab row average for alerter

Status
Not open for further replies.

davejam

Technical User
Jan 6, 2004
GB
hi all,

not sure if i'll be able to explain this one, i'll try.

i have a crosstab report that has the error codes down the left and unit names across the top, in the cells it counts the amount of records that appear for that error code by specific unit.

Is there a way to get totals for the rows but whilst in each cell....

ie. if i had a row with 3 units and for a particular error i had different amounts

1 - 7 - 4

so the total for the row is 12 for 3 units
average = 4

i would like to put an alerter on the individual cells so that when the count for amount of same errors is greater than the average i want to colour it in red

my problem is i can get the averages within a cell in the row group (left hand of crosstab) to work it out for the row. but when i try it on the alerter it associates it only with the cell meaning the answer is always 1 so anything above one it coloured.

to get the crosstab working i have a measure which does a count([ErrorCode]) when dropped in the crosstab it gives me the total records for each error for each unit.

If I sit the variable on the left, at row level then it gives me a total of units that have an error associated with them, if i then create a measure that works out the
sum of the previous measure(count) then I get a total records for row

Here i can easily work out the average for row.

My only problem is i cannot then use this calculation to master the cells, they just then work it out for the individual cell.

Any ideas how i would go about this, do i need a new universe thats more specified, or can i do it in the report

unfortunatley been stuck on this for a few days now!!

cheers

david j

daveJam

*two wrongs don't make a right..... but three lefts do!!!!*

oh i'm using BO XI r2 webi on windows sql data

cheers

daveJam

*two wrongs don't make a right..... but three lefts do!!!!*

Don't know much about XI, but with classic BO I would for instance use a second Dataprovider that fetches nothing more than the average (you're looking for)
Since this is a lone measure I can use it in expressions with the 1st DP.

But even then alerters and crosstabs do not work comfortably . On BO 6.5.1 I have some problems getting it to work..

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back