Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CrossTab Report question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayek

Programmer
Jun 19, 2003
US
I am trying to do a cross tab report with days as column header and UserID as Row Header. There will only be one code per day. I want the report to look like the report below. How do you do this? I can't get it to show the code, I can only get it to show sum, min, max.....

Table:
UserID Date Code
KTK 1/1/07 H
KTK 1/15/07 SH
KTK 1/30/07 V
KTK 5/5/07 V
BOB 1/1/07 H
BOB 1/15/07 SH
BOB 5/5/07 AD
PHL 1/1/07 H
PHL 1/15/07 SH
PHL 5/5/07 OP

Report:
1/1/07 1/15/07 1/30/07 5/5/07
KTK H SH V H
BOB H SH AD
PHL H SH OP

You can select Min or Max or First or Last for the value in your crosstab. These will all work with your text value. In addition, you might want to check the FAQs for a solution with Months as column headings. You could convert this to days rather than months.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

First, Last min or max does not work. If I use Min or First I get only H in 1/1/07, I do not get anything in 1/15/07 or 1/30/07.

Help..

Got it to work. I was grouping on months so that is why min, max, first last was not working. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back