Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crosstab Query Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

trystanhuwwilliams

Programmer
Aug 23, 2002
GB
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help produce a Crosstab Query Report. I've managed to produce a simple crosstab report for monthly overtime hours. The row headings are the names of the staff and each month is a column headings containing the hours worked, and the final column is a total of all hours worked for each month. i.e

June July August Total

Smith 5 5 1 11
Jones 1 4 4 9
Brown 6 0 6 12

Now I've been asked to produce a report which splits the month's overtime figures as shown below:-

June July August Total
Time& Double Time& Double Time& Double
half time half Time half time

Smith 3 2 4 1 1 0 11 Jones 1 0 2 2 3 1 9
Brown 3 3 0 0 4 2 12

I haven't been able to get anywhere modifiying my crosstab query for this sort of report. Any help would be welcome,

T

trystanhuwwilliams,

What are your table(s) structure(s)? Fields in each table and any relationships between them.

jdemmer

trystanhuwwilliams,

Basically I don't think it is possible they way you have it laid out. But in the Access book I use alot, there are two pages on how to create a Mutifact Crosstab report. You get what you want but not exact same layout

Type Jan Feb
Smith Time 2 4
Double Time 3 1

Jonew Time 6 8
Double Time 0 3

I don't really feel like typing all this, and that would introduce errors. If I had your email address, or better yet a fax number I'd send them to you.

Jdemmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back