Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crosstab query column headings property: how to lock in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomYC

Technical User
Dec 11, 2008
US
I have a crosstab query that I would like to use as the record source for a subreport. But I keep getting the error message that I cannot do this with a pass-through or non-fixed-column crosstab query. I have experimented with making entries in the query parameters settings area, to no avail.
When I run the query below, the column heading appears as 'O' which is logical because I have set that value as a criteria; however I want this column to read 'Taleo Status' and also to be fixed, if that makes sense!
TY

Have you attempted to enter values into the Column Headings property?

It looks like you have another question about the derived headings. Do you include the table that stores the value "Taleo Status"?

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

I have tried but have been unable to get any entries in the "Query Parameters" dialog to work. Currently my query is:
TRANSFORM Count(qryMain.[Taleo Status]) AS [CountOfTaleo Status]
SELECT qryMain.[Rpt Dept Desc], qryMain.[Jobcode Title]
FROM qryMain
WHERE (((qryMain.[Taleo Status])="O"))
GROUP BY qryMain.[Rpt Dept Desc], qryMain.[Jobcode Title]
PIVOT qryMain.[Taleo Status];
I believe I need to designate that the column heading "Taleo Status" is fixed.
Right now that column comes up as O and so yes, I would like to know how to designate column headings. The query on which this crosstab is based does include the field Taleo Status.

So--
What could I do to this query, in query parameters, to clarify what I have in the sql as PIVOT qryMain.[Taleo Status] such that it is fixed; I'm happy with 'O' and I know that isn't changing, but as a property it is obviously not correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back