Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crosstab query Alias error

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxxev

Technical User
Jul 17, 2008
NL
I had finished an indepth post on this before my PC crashed I don't have that much time anymore so hopefully this will be enough, please ask any questions and I will try anmd get back to you.

I have a query that works fine, but when I try to put it into a cross-tab it tells me it can't find the fields in the sub-query (the alias'ed table).

Any ideas please?

this is the one that works:Q_LABEL_FORMAT_01
Code:
SELECT T_SKUMaster.SKU_ID, T_SKUMaster.SKUCode, (select count(*) from [T_SKU_vs_LabelFormat] where [ID]<[T_SKU_vs_LabelFormat2].[ID] AND [SKU_ID]=[T_SKU_vs_LabelFormat2].[SKU_ID]  ;)+1 AS Rank, T_Labels.FileName, "FORMAT0" & [Rank] & " TITLE" AS FormatTitle, T_Labels.Title, "FORMAT0" & [Rank] & " PATH" AS FormatPath
FROM (T_SKU_vs_LabelFormat AS T_SKU_vs_LabelFormat2 RIGHT JOIN T_SKUMaster ON T_SKU_vs_LabelFormat2.SKU_ID = T_SKUMaster.SKU_ID) LEFT JOIN T_Labels ON T_SKU_vs_LabelFormat2.LabelID = T_Labels.LabelID
ORDER BY T_SKUMaster.SKUCode;

This is the crosstab:
Code:
[b]Q_LABEL_FORMAT_02_TITLES[/b]
TRANSFORM First(Q_LABEL_FORMAT_01.Title) AS FirstOfTitle
SELECT Q_LABEL_FORMAT_01.SKU_ID, Q_LABEL_FORMAT_01.SKUCode
FROM Q_LABEL_FORMAT_01
GROUP BY Q_LABEL_FORMAT_01.SKU_ID, Q_LABEL_FORMAT_01.SKUCode
ORDER BY Q_LABEL_FORMAT_01.SKUCode
PIVOT Q_LABEL_FORMAT_01.FormatTitle;

Thank you

Have you tried including Q_LABEL_FORMAT_01.Title in the SELECT statement?

Beir bua agus beannacht!

Hi, to clarify the alias'ed fields it cannot find are in the Sub-query of the first query.
e.g. the fields in : T_SKU_vs_LabelFormat2

I get the message "The microsoft access database engine does not recognise '[T_SKU_vs_LabelFormat2].[ID]' as a valid field name or expression
I know it will also fail on '[T_SKU_vs_LabelFormat2].[SKU_ID]' as well through testing.

Cheers

Solved this

Code:
SELECT T_SKUMaster.SKU_ID, T_SKUMaster.SKUCode, T_SKU_vs_LabelFormat.SKU_ID, T_SKU_vs_LabelFormat.ID, Count(*) AS RANK, "FORMAT0" & [Rank] & " TITLE" AS FormatTitle, T_Labels.Title, "FORMAT0" & [Rank] & " PATH" AS FormatPath, T_Labels.FileName
FROM T_SKU_vs_LabelFormat AS B, (T_SKU_vs_LabelFormat INNER JOIN T_SKUMaster ON T_SKU_vs_LabelFormat.SKU_ID = T_SKUMaster.SKU_ID) INNER JOIN T_Labels ON T_SKU_vs_LabelFormat.LabelID = T_Labels.LabelID
WHERE (((([T_SKU_vs_LabelFormat].[SKU_ID]=[B].[SKU_ID] And [T_SKU_vs_LabelFormat].[ID]>=[B].[ID]))<>False))
GROUP BY T_SKUMaster.SKU_ID, T_SKUMaster.SKUCode, T_SKU_vs_LabelFormat.SKU_ID, T_SKU_vs_LabelFormat.ID, T_Labels.Title, T_Labels.FileName
ORDER BY T_SKUMaster.SKUCode, Count(*);

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back