Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crosstab not finding records because of timestamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxflorida

Technical User
Apr 16, 2002
US
Hello,

When I run my crosstab comparing a table with ONLY dates in a field with another table containing dates with timestamps, my query does not return the records that had timestamps with the date. I more or less understand why it does this, but I can't seem to convert the field to something that the crosstab can match up with.

To illustrate, I have a record with a time/date field that shows 8/21/02 9:15am (call it record A) and a record with just 8/21/02 (record B). When I run a crosstab query comparing a another table that has a record 8/21/02, it only returns one record - the 8/21/02 (record B).

Can someone please help me. It is fairly urgent!

Thank you

How about creating a query based on the table with the timestamps and using it in your crosstab? In the new query, include all the fields from the base table and add "DateOnlyVersionOfTimeStamp: DateValue(TimeStamp)". Use this query instead of the underlying table and link to the new "calculated" field.

Good luck!

Kevin
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back