Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crosstab help

Status
Not open for further replies.

njb

Programmer
Mar 17, 2000
US
I seem to have lost my brain today and cannot figure out how to do this. I have 2 tables, positions & tasks. There is a need to specify if a task is valid for a position. This is a many-to-many relationship creating a 3rd table of position & task & valid y/n. So far so good.

On a screen I need to show the task as the row, the position as the header and the valid y/n field as the intersection. The user needs to be able to update the y/n field. (They have different screens for adding positions and tasks). So, how do I do this? All of the cross-tab writeups reference a calculation as the intersection. And I don't need to add.

Anybody have an help for me? Tks.

Would a count work instead for the Centre. THis woould only bring back a value if a cross refernece occurs.

Either that are build another query afterwards that translates the answers into the style you want.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back