Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crosstab Column Format Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajpree

Programmer
May 24, 2005
US
Can some help with Crosstab! I have following problem.

My CrossTab:
Port Test 11/30/2004 10/29/2004 2/28/2005 1/31/2005

ABC 10 20 30 40
Diversity score 20 30 40 60

Problems:
1. how can I use can Grow funtion becuase I have total 10 columns on the report, in order to fit in the ladscape page I have to use CAN GROW funtion for the "Prot Test" column. If there is no can grow option then if know any work around way for this please let me know.

2. I have choosen column as Descendig order so that I can get dates most recent first , but I am not getting that way.
Is there any resulation for this? I need this ASAP.

Thanks,
Raj.

It looks like your date field is a string. Create a formula that converts it to a date and then use that as your column field. Try:

cdate({table.datestring})

Then it should sort correctly.

I don't think "can grow" is an option for crosstab labels, but you can resize the column by grabbing a border and dragging it to expand it horizontally or vertically. If you want to create room for more columns, you can narrow the row label column, and then drag it down vertically so that the wrapped text is visible.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back