Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crosstab calculation and hiding empty rows

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjani06

Programmer
Jun 11, 2008
US
Hi

I have a crosstab column in my report that calculates the % of the two nested columns in the crosstab at the end under totals column. It works fine. But I have a requirement wherein I have to supress rows with zeros. When I give a filter saying [measure]>0, it works but my percentage column is not getting calculated correctly. It calulates for invidual columns and sums up instead of calculating % for the sum of the columns. I have tried giving solve order. It works only at the summary footer. The data source is OLAP. Would appreciate some help on this.

R

This is just a shot in the dark, but what if you set the filters properties to work after auto aggregation.

Like I said, that is just a shot in the dark, I have no idea if that even makes sense.

Thanks for the reply. I did that but it ws of no use.. Could you think of any other way??

R

What if you created a conditional format, and if the value was equal to zero then set the box type property to none.

Thanks for the respnse.. Since mine is a nested crosstab, after the cells hide the rows and columns get shifted and the crosstab looks zigzag. I want some kind of filter condition which would be applied to the entire crosstab and not affect the % calculation. Thinking wht would that be.. Do let me know if anything strikes you.

R

Sorry about that, I forgot about the crosstab part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back