Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crosstab Calculated Column

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pbjmam

Technical User
Jan 13, 2003
US
I am trying to set up calculated column in a crosstab report using improptu 7.1. The user is prompted for accounting year and which weeks to include in the report. The Accounting year is used as the column (accounting year and accounting year -1). Below is the filter on the data.

(AccountingYear = ?AccountingYear? and Week of Year between ?BeginningWeek? and ?EndingWeek?) or (AccountingYear = ?AccountingYear - 1 and Week Of Year between ?BeginningWeek? and ?EndingWeek?)

Currently the data look like

2004 2005
StoreID Sales GuestCount Sales GuestCount
61345 2184 345 3761 622

I want to create a caluclated column that calculate the percent difference between years for sales & Guest count. I see I can do it using the report columns ex. (2005 Sales - 2004 Sales)/2004 Sales. This would require creating a seperate report for each year.

How can I do this caculation without hard coding in the years so that a single report can be used for 2003/2004 or 2004/2005 or 2005/2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back