Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crosstab average column

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danster

Technical User
May 14, 2003
AU
I already have a crosstab with the columns and a total at the right (SUM). I just want to add another column AVG.
Exactly the same as this old thread thread149-766735.

That thread is around 4 years old and possibly using an older version of CR, so I'm wondering if anyone has any brilliant tips on getting this to work?

You could either create a manual crosstab or you could add a second crosstab adjacent to the first that only calculates the average. You would have to format the crosstabs to relative positions in the section expert so that the second crosstab would move as the number of columns in the first changes. You can also format the left boundary line of the second crosstab to be hidden, using the crosstab expert.

-LB

I'm using v2013, latest service pack.
I looked at calculated member but I couldn't get it to show just for a grand total.
lbass, great idea. I'll fiddle about with a second crosstab - that might just do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back