Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crosstab auto row height & suppress grand total fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

yosteevo

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2012
US
crosstab auto row height & suppress grand total fields

I am using Crystal Reports 2008.

I have a crosstab configuration that utilizes a database field that produces Long Text results.
These results can be anywhere from 10 – 1000+ character spaces in length.

I would like to figure out a way to configure a crosstab to auto-grow the row height to only the amount of space each row needs.

This will eliminate the extra dead space in my report.

I also would like to suppress the Grand Total row in this crosstab as well. It too is creating dead space.

Thank you.
Stephen

For the first problem, create something like
Code:
Left({Long.Text}, 50)

Then use @ShortName rather than {Long.Text} for your crosstab.

Fot totals, left-click and choose Crosstab Expert. The [Customize Style] tab includes options to suppress some or all of the Grand Totals.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Thank you Madawc Williams.

I did get the suppression of the totals fields in my cross-tab to work properly.
I needed to select each row field within the cross-tab expert and manually check the additional checkbox for "Suppress Subtotal" in the (Rows:) section under the Customize Style Tab from within the cross-tab expert.

As far as auto height/grow function for cross-tab cell fields goes, I talked with SAP and they have had many inquiries about this missing feature.
They may add this function in future releases of Crystal Reports.
For now all I can do is post this as a needed function in the feedback section of SAP's site: (Idea Place / SAP Community Network).

Thanks

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back