Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crossloop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlittlecutie

Technical User
Nov 13, 2010
US
i use crossloop alot. and have alot of helpers. i was wondering if they can access my computer without me knowing? i leave my computer on 24hrs a day. 221300345617 is the number under my share tab. is that how they connect to my conputer? im worried about them accessing me. thnx

Welcome to tek-tips.

Quoting from the CNet download site:
CrossLoop provides a quick, easy, and completely free way to give a colleague, a friend, or a relative access to your computer. After installation, your PC will be assigned a 12-digit access code each time you start the program. You then give that number to another user to virtually share your desktop. Once connected, that user will have full access to your machine. ...<snip> CrossLoop doesn't work without explicit permission from the host

If you run a cross loop session and give someone a valid code, which changes every session, yes, they can access your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back