Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CROSS TAB WOES 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

netrusher

Technical User
Feb 13, 2005
US
I have created a cross tab query and I have a problem. The query will not recognize the date fields I have on a form. Any suggestion? Also I would like the dates to display by Week or Month I tried the format in criteria (yyyy ww) but it did not work either (mismatch). Also one of the fields in my query FaultCategory is just there so I can filter by criteria. I do not want it to show up in the query. Is there a way to hid that field? There is no check box to turn off like in normal queires

Code:
TRANSFORM Count(WorkUnitsFaultsMainTBL.Problem) AS CountOfProblem
SELECT WorkUnitsFaultsMainTBL.FaultCategory, WorkUnitsFaultsMainTBL.SystemGroup
FROM WorkUnitsFaultsMainTBL
WHERE (((WorkUnitsFaultsMainTBL.TodaysDate) Between [Forms]![Queries_ReportsFRM]![StartDateTxt] And [Forms]![Queries_ReportsFRM]![EndDateTxt]) AND ((WorkUnitsFaultsMainTBL.FaultCategory)="mechanical"))
GROUP BY WorkUnitsFaultsMainTBL.FaultCategory, WorkUnitsFaultsMainTBL.SystemGroup
PIVOT WorkUnitsFaultsMainTBL.TodaysDate;

The date fields on my form are not tied to a table. They are just calendars so I can select a start date and a end date. This could be a problem but I would like to be able to have a start date and end date for my crosstabl query.

I found out that I had to add specific parameters to the Parameter Query dropdown and it works.

Thanks but someone else tipped me off to the Parameter Query.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back