Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cross-tab within report excel download

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCL2007

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2007
US
I have a question using Crystal XI and exporting to Excel. The detail of the report is standard rows of data - I've learned how to export nicely to Excel without adding extra rows to the Excel output file. My question is that I now have a crosstab at the bottom of the report in the Report Footer section. I'm having a hard time formatting the crosstab to not mess up my columns.I can't line up the columns to the vertical guidelines already in the report. I'm having difficulties lining up the columns in the report to the guidelines in my report and within the crosstab I would like to make my data total fields line up to my vertical crosstab lines so I don't create extra columns in my exported Excel file. Anyone have a secret to do this?
Thanks...

Hi,

Your crosstab belongs on a separate sheet. It must be obvious considering the column problems you've been experiencing.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

If you would like to show both the main report and the crosstb on the same sheet, you still need to put the crosstab on a separate sheet. However, using Excel's CAMERA feature, you can place a "picture" of the crosstab on the other sheet and position the picture anywhere you like.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

You will need to make your main report columns the same size as your Crosstab columns. In addition your total columns must be same size as the data columns.

It might be that when run in crystal you get text cropping but once exported to Excel you can then get everything to fit, However your cross tab will then look at bit odd.

Generally speaking DON'T DO IT. Crystal and Excel do not get on and trying will reduce your life expectancy [smile]

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back