Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cross Tab total issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barkley564

Technical User
Nov 27, 2004
US
I have been writing Crystal for a while now, but this is my first Cross Tab, so I'm hoping my question is easy.

I'm using v10 and SQL

I created a cross tab that has a count by location by period by year:

location feb'05 feb'04 mar'05 mar'04 .... etc.
two 1 0 2 0
three 0 2 2 3
four 0 0 1 0

All works great. However, (as I suspected) the boss wants to see a total for each store. The grand total won't work, because he wants to see a total by year:

location feb'05 feb'04 mar'05 mar'04 TOTAL'05 TOTAL'04
two 1 0 2 0 3 0
three 0 2 2 3 2 5
four 0 0 1 0 1 0

How do I get the grand total field to process by year? I really need to have the months side by side for comparison sake instead of having the entire year together.

The current setup:
Columns:
Period
Year

Rows:
Region
Store#

Summary: count of 'case' field

Thanks in advance.

I would do this by creating two crosstabs, one by period and year, and one by year for the totals. If there can be a different number of periods per report execution, then place the totals crosstab on the left.

In the customize style tab of the crosstab expert, you can suppress the grid lines for the row labels in the second crosstab by clicking on format grid lines and then selecting the lines you want to remove and unchecking "Draw". You can suppress the row labels in preview mode in the usual way (format field->common->suppress). Then align the second crosstab with the first. It's easiest if you use the zoom feature.

-LB

lbass -

That's exactly what I needed. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back