Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cross-Tab: Suppress Row Grand Total

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefftopia

Programmer
Jul 30, 2002
US
I have a cross-tab which is either going to be populated with percentages or currency values (depending upon user selection). When currency values are being loaded into the cross-tab I would like it to show row grand totals, but in those cases where percentage numbers are being loaded into the cross-tab I would like to suppress row grand totals. I have a field in the table the cross-tab is derived from which contains either a "N" for currency fields and a "P" for percentage fields.

IS THERE A WAY TO SUPPRESS ROW GRAND TOTALS AT RUN-TIME IN THOSE CASES WHICH THE USER IS LOADING PERCENTAGE NUMBERS INTO THE CROSS-TAB?

Make two cross-tabs in two sections and suppress one or the other based on the user selection

I had considered that but I have no idea how to suppress a cross-tab based on users selection. Wouldn't even know were to start. Thx though.

Conditionally suppress the section. In the Section Expert, select the section and click the x-2 button next to "Suppress". Enter a formula which evaluates to True for the condition that will suppress the section,
e.g. {?UserOption} = "Percentage"

Thank you rogar. Excellent solution. Familiarized my with the whole x-2 button concept.

My subreports are supressing sections as they should but my main report shows an empty box where the subreport would go. If you know a way around that, great, otherwise I may just eliminate the gridlines around the report.

thx again

To get rid of the box, right click on the subreport object (on the main report design) and select Borders; then set all borders to "None". Make the subreport object and the section it is in as small as possible. You can suppress all the sections of the subreport in the subreport design (if you don't want to see them), but if you suppress the section of the main report that holds the subreport, the subreport will not be executed. The best you can do is to make it as small as possible, or to select "Underlay following section" in Section Format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back