Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cross-tab reports - formatting column headings

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjmoffitt

Programmer
Oct 23, 2000
US
I am creating a Cross-tab report in CR8.5. The data column that is used to create the column headings can be up 50 characters long but most of the time it is 15 - 20 characters. It seems that in order for long titles to be readable, I need to make the column wide enough to accomodate the largest possible amount of data, in this case 50 characters. If it isn't long enough, the title is cut off. For example, "Corporate Headquarters" looks like "Corporate Head". What would be great is to have the column title placed on to 2 lines. For example, the title "Corporate Headquarters". Instead of the title being one long word, put "Corporate" on one line and then place "Headquarters" on the second line. Does anyone have any suggestions on how this can be accomplished or am I just dreaming?

Thanks in advance!
Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back