Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cross Tab report showing a percentage

Status
Not open for further replies.

eliner

Technical User
Jul 24, 2007
US
We have a report on our call center activity. There are various fields in the call center
entry page that have a name, however, on the report they are showing as a #. Example:
Select “sale” on the entry form and you get a 1 on the report. I have created a formula that will translate them into the actual type they are. The report now shows “sale” rather then 1. The field is called: call_type_id I have a group on the report: user_id. This is what the field is called. It also returns a number for the user. Again another translation formula that gives me the agents name. I have two summaries. One for the count by agent and the other giving me the % to total for that agent. I have three cross tabs for this report.
One gives me the number of calls by source, the second the number by branch and the third the number by type. I am able to get the break down of how many calls by each category in each cross tab. The first and second only need that info. They are fine. The third I also want to show the % each category is to the total. I can get the number to show but not the % to the total. From a previous question I was told to create a formula called “@0”. I have this formula. The fields used for the translation are: {calls.call_type_id}, {calls.user_id},{calls.source_id}. The field on the report shows: @Call Type Translation, @User ID Translation and @Call Source Translation. They are all the same type of formula: whileprintingrecords;
if {calls.source_id} = 10
then
"Customer"
else
“ “.
else
“ “.
The double quotes are only after the last else.
My summaries on the report use the calls.source.id. Both are counts. The second has the “Show as a percentage” box checked.
Cross Tab: Rows: call Type translation and Columns: User Id translation. Summary: call type translation.
Probably what I am missing is very obvious, however, I cannot see it and hope that a 2nd or 3rd pair of eyes will.
Thanks

Please disregard this. I found the way to do it. It was right in front of my face and I was to dumb to see it at first.

It would help other readers to see what you did to get the desired results.

-LB

I did I find it - I looked in an old manual and found the section about changing the summary in the cross tab. Click on that and changed it from sum to count and then on the box that indicate to show as a percentage. This was on the @0 formula. The summarized fields are: Count of Call Type and 2nd line is: Percentage of count of@0. As I said it was in front of my face, the "change summary" box and I did not realize it.
Hope this is helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back