Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cross-tab report of course grades in"spreadsheet" style 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mperera

Technical User
Sep 7, 2001
US
Hi,

I need to create a report of grades for courses the were offered in a particular year. I need the report to be a table with the grades as the rows, and the courses as the columns. For each course, I want 2 columns: one column with the number of students who received the grade, and another column with the percentage of students who received that grade. The desired output should look something like this:
AS101 AS201 ...
A+ 5 5% 5 5%
A 10 10% 10 10%
A- . . . .
B+ . . . .
B . . . .
B-

I believe I can do this with a cross-tab report. Can anyone offer any advice on how I should set this up? Is it possible to calculate percentages like that in a cross-tab report?

Thanks in advance!

The percentages are the problem. You can't do that in a cross-tab.

You could create a 'manual' cross-tab to do what you want, but the columns would have to be fixed. More work, but it allows you to do the percentages.

For a description of conditional totals and manual cross-tabs, see my FAQ on common formulas. Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back