Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cross Tab: Repeating page headers and extra row naming Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack91

Technical User
Apr 13, 2009
US
hi,

I have 2 questions:

1) I have put a cross tab in Report Header. I am un-able to put in page header so I could have the page titles,dates etc repeat on each page the cross tab shows up.

Is there a way to have the page titles show up on each page that the cross tab prints on?

2) On Top of the row, I want to put the title of the rows. Right now it shows an empty space. I was able to get around it by drawing a box around it and putting an object box and typing the tile name of the row. BUT, when the cross tab prints on more than one page I don't see my 'customize box' is there a way for the box i had drawn to repeat also on every page the cross tab prints on?

I am using Crystal version 10.

Thanks
Jk

Anyone? This section of tek-tips seems to get the least attention than the other ones :)

TIA
Regards,
Jk

Hi Jack91,

Create a formula:

@FakeGroup
whilereadingrecords;

Insert a group on this formula, make it the most outer group, set it to show on each page.

Insert the crosstab on this group instead of report header.

Dana

Or else put the crosstab in the report footer.

-LB

The cross tab I am doing is a summary followed by the details section.

Putting the cross tab in a group section or in the report footer makes it print * after the details section which does not serve the purpose.

TIA
Jk

True only for the report footer. Use ianoctdec's suggestion in this case.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back