Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cross Tab problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cecilcheah

Programmer
Apr 30, 2001
CH
Hi all:

In the cross tab expert, i have created a new formula using the new formual button. However, this new formula does not appear in the list afterwards.

Anyone can help?

Cecil

Not all formulas can be used in Cross-tabs.
Particularly if they use summary operations.
What was the text of the formula? Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training/Consulting and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal (including ADO)

The text is very simple:

CTime of Average of values in minutes. i need to show the values in hours, my data are in numbers (in the form of minutes like 480), so i make the formula, get the average and change it to hours (08:00). But somewhere CR will not show me the formula

Any suggestions?

Cecil

Do everything else in your formula, and then let the cross-tab do the average as its summary operation. Once you calc the average in a formula, you can't use it in the cross-tab. Ken Hamady

Shall i change the data to hour format first and then let cross tab do the average afterwards?

Thanks again

Cecil

Hi there:

I try your method, and first set a new formula:

CTime ({ANAE1OP.ERSTER_ANAESTART}/1440)

This convert my numerical value to hours.

Now the problem is there is min and max but no average.

How can i do average?

Cecil

You can't average a character value, only numerics. You may have to build a manual cross-tab (see my FAQ in the General Forum on common formulas). When you build a cross-tab manually, you can use the cells in formulas. This would allow you to calc the average, and then convert to hours. If you could live with hours in decimal form 8.5 instead of 08:30, then you could use the normal cross-tabs. Ken Hamady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back