Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cross Tab Output

Status
Not open for further replies.

GammelNok

Programmer
Jun 21, 2002
US
I have a Stored procedure, which produces a fine Crosstab result when Doubleclicking on the procedure, and supplying the required parameters.
However, when running from a button it runs, and then closes down without showing the result

Set conn = CurrentProject.Connection
conn.Execute ("sp_CrossTab " & "'qtabTIMEData01'," _
& "'WeekText', " _
& "'SortName', " _
& "'WeekNum'")

I have tried both with Paranthesis and without

Any idea how to view the resultset

Regards

Hans

The stored procedure code runs on the Server and returns a record set. How are you displaying the record set in the client? The execute method does not display results. You need to create a form or report to display the result.

Your question relates to the front-end client application rather than SQL Server. You should post in the appropriate forum for your client-side software. I suspect you are using an Access Project. If that is true, check out forum958.

If you want to get the best answer for your question read faq183-874 and faq183-3179.
Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
SQL Server Page:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back