Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cross tab not joining columns 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

spem

Programmer
Jun 8, 2017
US
I am very new to crystal reports and am trying to create what I think should be a fairly simple report. I am using version 11.5. I have 3 fields that I have inserted into a cross tab. It is creating two separate tables instead of one. Here is what I'm using:

loan type - row 1
term - column 1
amt packaged - summarized field

My group header is grouping by the term. The fields are pulling from a database and vary. What I am getting is:

term 1 total
loan 1 amt
loan 2 amt

term 2 total
loan 1 amt
loan 2 amt
loan 3 amt

What I need is:

term 1 term 2 total
loan 1 amt loan 1 amt
loan 2 amt loan 2 amt
loan 3 amt

What am I doing wrong here? I also attached a screenshot of what is pulling into my report. I appreciate any help!

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=e0e4c3f5-4e49-4cbe-adb7-90d519dc18e7&file=Capture.PNG
Didn't look at your attachment, but from what you describe, you have put the crosstab in a term group header section. Instead, put it in the report footer and suppress the detail section and other sections, if you only want the crosstab to display.

-LB

Yes I had it in a header. When I put it in the footer nothing displays. I can't hide all the other sections because they contain data. This is being inserted into a letter to a student advising them what they have been awarded in aid and loans.

Are you sure you placed it in the report footer? And that the report footer is not suppressed? You don't have to suppress other sections, I just thought you didn't have other data to display, and would not want a lot of blank lines.

-LB

You are right, I was in a group footer not the report footer. Thank you so much! I've been pulling my hair out with this trying to figure it out. Such a simple fix! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back