Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cross-Tab Matrix style report

Status
Not open for further replies.

nedirtbikr

Technical User
Apr 15, 2008
US
I thought I had posted yesterday, but can't seem to find my thread. Sorry if this is a repeat. I have searched but have come up empty.

I am new to reporting. I have attended a beginners class and am still VERY green.

I have a cross-tab report that has Groups as the columns and Users as the rows. Each User belongs to one or multiple groups. I'm trying to figure out how I can insert an "X" (or some other symbol) to signify which users are in which groups. Below is what I have so far:

MatrixReportExample.jpg

The data is pulled from a single SQL table that lists every user and what groups they belong in (multiple entries for users who belong in multiple groups.)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Create a formula:

if not isnull({table.columnfield}) then 'X'

Substitute the column field in your crosstab for {table.columnfield}. Then add this formula as your summary field, and use maximum as the summary.

-LB

THANKS lbass! That did it! I actually did something a touch different than your recommndation, but the forumula worked like a charm!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back