Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cross tab in Group header - to show all values

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brenj68

MIS
Sep 22, 2011
GB
I'm using CR2008/ Oracle 10

My report shows a number of parent projects (programmes) with each of the cild projects associated and I need a cross tab that will show all resource costs on a month by month basis in current financial year, at the child level (GH5).

This works v well when cross tab in RF but I need to show a cross tab against each project and include a cost, where one exists, and a zero cost, where one doesn't). Again this is ok in RF, but not if I move the cross tab into a GH.

The report structure is as follows:
GH1 - Parent (Programme) Name
GH2 - Business Area
GH3 - Sector
GH4 - Dept
GH5 - Child (Project) Id
GH6 - @PRStart_Conv

X-Tab
R- Parent (Prog) Name
C - @PRStart_Conv (mm/yyyy)
S - @Actuals_Cost (@Grade_rate)*(Hours booked)

Any advice appreciated

A crosstab in a group works just for that group. I doubt that there is a way round.

You could put a subreport in the group header that does a crosstab for the report data. And pass details back using Shared Variable, if needed. This will greatly increase processing time.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 11.5 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

I think you need to use an unlinked subreport placed in the group section.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back