Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cross tab formula (column headings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunting

MIS
Mar 19, 2002
GB
Good morning

Within a cross-tab report I have a formula as the column heading which returns a numeric value; this value is the datediff between two dates.

I will be using the data returned by this report to populate a rigid template that has column headings from
1 - 60 inclusive.

The problem I have is that I need the columns within the report to increment from 1 - 60 regardless of whether there is any data.

At present I am getting
1,2,3,8 (for example) and what I would like to see is 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and so on up to 60.

Is there a way I can force the empty values into the report?

Not in a Crystal Crosstab.

YOu will need to create a manual cross tab with 60 formulae

eg
@date1
If datediff = 1 the {valuefield} else 0

repeat for 60 date ranges

Place these in details section and suppress section.

Group report as per rows of your crosstab
Add sums of the above formula to group footer.

Ian

I am trying to set tabs within a Crystal formula.
I've concatenated the field values, creating a single field, but within that single concatenated field I'd like the three values to be delimited by a tabs.

Example:

'Customer_ID Customer_Name Invoice_ID' is the concatenated value.

I've tried to RPAD each column so it uses the total field length and doesn't trim. But the width of the individual characters makes it impossible to line up the fields in straight columns.

Is there any way, within the formula itself to have each field within the concatenated product align with a tab?

Here is the formula in question:

Replace ({AR_ENTRY_TYPE.CUSTID}, '%', ' ') + Space (5) +
Replace (UpperCase ({AR_ENTRY_TYPE.NAME}), '8', ' ') + Space (14) + TrimLeft ({AR_ENTRY_TYPE.ITEM})

In oracle, I created full length fields padded to the right with the values '%' and '8'.

Any suggestions?

Please start a new thread as your topic is unrelated to the current thread.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back