Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cross tab date grouping by week - changing week start date 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankTWall

Technical User
Jun 29, 2005
AU
CRW X1, SQL DB

Issue: Have a cross tab with 3 columns
Column 1 - by Month
Column 2 - by week
Column 3 - by formula that forces "Week" (which is Mon - Friday) and then Sat and Sunday. i.e 3 groups within the week

Rows are by region

There is a date parameter and users will generally select a month or more data.

All working well except the users want the week - column 2 - to be Monday to Sunday (not Sunday to Saturday which is the CRW default) Therefore column 2 needs to be "grouped" by week, with Monday as the first day and as the display date.

Searching through here I cannot find any advice to force this week grouping change. I HAVE found where I can change the date display label for the week but , obviously, that only changes the display, not the group.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Frank

If you add one day to each date, it will then group as you want it to group. Do this in a formula field, something like
Code:
{your.date}+1
Group on the formula field, assuming it accepts it as a date. If not, you could convert it to suitable text values using ToText.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Use this formula {@weekno} as your row field:

datepart("ww",{table.date},crMonday)

While it is selected, click on group options->options->customize groupname->use a formula->x+2 and enter:

totext(dateadd("d",({@weekno}-1)*7, date(year({table.date}),1,1)-
dayofweek(date(year({table.date}),1,1),crMonday)+1),"MM/dd/yyyy")

-LB

Many thanks to you both for your suggestions. Tried them both and had the greatest success with LBass's suggestion.

Great stuff, many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back