Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cross-reference or Field with Microsoft Word!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuanwang

Technical User
Jul 24, 2002
SE
Hi all,

I am now writing one paper. I want to use reference in this paper. In the contents of this paper, I only want to add the author's information, not all information about this reference. I can describe this following.

Here is one paragraph of this paper.
---------------------------
Although the world’s climate has always varied naturally, the vast majority of scientists now believe that rising concentrations of “greenhouse gases?in the earth’s atmosphere, resulting from economic and demographic growth over the last two centuries since the industrial evolution, are overriding this natural variability and leading to potentially irreversible climate change. (Hansen et al., 1998)

Reference
Hansen, J. E., M. Sato, A. Lacis, R. Ruedy, I. Gegen, and E. Matthews, Climate forcings in the industrial era, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 95, 12,753-12,758, 1998.
------------------------
I want to make the cross-reference between (Hansen et al., 1998)and the whole reference to this author.

Could someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance

Chuan Wang
Royal Institute of Technology
Stockholm, Sweden
Homepage:

The function I believe that you are looking for is:

Insert->Index & Tables->Table of Authorities

I confess to not having used this, but it should do what you want. I do use the ToC function a lot, and that is very useful. Jonathan Challis
IT Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back