Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cross-platform issues with absolute positioning using CSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ssanai80

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
US
I am using css to do an absolute positioning so that I can put a text right between two tables of different color(so half of the text on one side of the table, other half on the other table). everything looks find on explorer and netscape on pc's BUT on MAC's the layer containing the text with absolute positioning is pushing everything below..so basically absolute positioning is not working. does neone know how to fix this problem so that i can do absolute positioning on both pc's AND mac's? i hate crossplatform issues!!!
thank you for the help in advance.

here is the link to the site i'm working on.

and here is the code i'm talking about...

<STYLE>
#myText { position: absolute; top: 27px; left:10px;}
DIV.title { font-size: 25pt;font-family: <% = page(&quot;gallery_font&quot;) %>}
</STYLE>

<DIV class=&quot;title&quot; ID=&quot;myText&quot;>CBI Demo Gallery</FONT></DIV>

The page title on top right corner in white is the text i'm talking about....

hmm...try changing the position back to relative and put the whole thing in a table, make sure you define the height and width. that should keep it in place -Greg :-Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back