Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cross forest migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo4357

MIS
Jun 21, 2004
US
I have been plunged into a situation that hopefully you guys can answer this question on..

2 domains. New domain contains all the users. Old domain contains the exchange servers. The users all still exist on the old domain, however disabled. New domain users were assigned to the old exchange mailboxes using associated account security setting.

In the lab I have succeeded in figuring out cross forest migration. Email addr and most information migrates. But there are tons of shared mailboxes and users assigned to different mailboxes other than their own. Security assignmennts don't seem to migrate other than the user to his own mailbox.

Can this be done? If not, is there a way to export a list of all the security assignments on exchange mailboxes? If need be I'll re-assign manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back