Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cros tab reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

unarayan

Programmer
Apr 28, 2005
US
Below is the format of the report I need to develop:

Product Year Season Week1 Week2 Week3 Week12
to date to date sales sales sales ....sales
Sales sales
------- ------- ------- ----- ----- ----- -----

Using report net I created this report filtering all the sales that happend after minimum(begining of year dt, week12 begin Dt). Then I cross tabbed the report based on 'end of week date' column which resulted in columns 'Week1 sales'...'Week(n) sales' indicated above.
Now what I need is to display columns Week1 sales thru Wk12 sales only. Any Columns beyond WK12 should not get displayed though it needs to be fetched because
'Year to date sales' and 'Season to Dates sales' are calculation columns where I used the IF then else structure to compute their values.

Hope that makes sence.

Thanks.

unarayan,

How did you get your report to span n Weeks? I am trying to figure out how to get my report to give me (N) Weeks from week Ending. It seems like you somehow know how to span like that.

Sincerely,
Michael

Hi unarayan,

Have you tried conditionally hiding the columns? If you can come up with some expression that equates to True for your Week 1 to Week 12 columns and False for the others, then declare a Boolean Variable in the Condition Explorer that uses this expression, apply this variable to the Conditional Style property of your crosstab cells and headings, then select the 'False' variable value and set the 'box type' property of the cells and column headings to 'none'.

Best regards,

MF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back