Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cropping a specific size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunytic

Technical User
Nov 20, 2003
US
Is there a way I can create a selection box that is 100 pixels tall by 50 pixels wide so I can preview what I would be cropping? I'm looking to take 4 identical sized pieces from different images and use them in a banner, but I can't seem to figure out how to crop (or even selection box them so I can preview it) to a specific size.

Thanks!

Oh, and a P.S. on this, am I missing something, I can't seem to find a lot of drawing/text options... I can't figure out hot make the text 'crisp' (it always seems blended on the sides) and the only drawing feature I seem to be able to find is the airbrush, is there a pencil/pen feature I'm just missing?

If you have your status bar showing, the crop tool will show the size of your crop (in pixels). When it's at, or close, to the size you want, you can "pull" the sides to the exact dimensions needed or drag the entire crop area around the image as needed.

As far as "missing" options, make sure you're preferences are set the way you want. Also, when you click on a tool, check to see that all the tool tab options are set the weay you want them.

For your text, it sounds as if you're using a stroke color along with a fill color for your text. Select the "Standard Text" option in the text creation box to eliminate the second "outline" color for your text.

There's always a better way. The fun is trying to find it!

Thank you kindly... Just a one more question, I didn't ask it correctly to start with. Is there a way of creating a box that I can drag around without dragging that part of the image. A sort of "preview box"... akin to cutting a hole in a cardboard box and moving it around the screen to see what I can see in a specific box... Or is just guess and check?

Again, thanks, especially on the text, that was really frustrating me!

Lunytic, in PSP 8, you can move the selection area by then selecting the Move tool and right-click+drag the selection. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back