Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cropping a Rounded Corner Image-Photoshop CS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdesk

MIS
Jun 17, 2004
US
I have an image that I am trying to crop that has rounded corners. How can I crop to accomodate the rounded corners and not have the extra white space on each corner?

Thanks.

Hdesk

...a photoshop image will always have straight sides, unless you position it in a layout application (indesign, quark or illustrator for example), inside a rounded clipping path or rounded frame...

...in photoshop, a background is either transparent, or colored, but regardless of that the images will always have cornered edges...

...first either hold down alt/option and double click the layer that says background, to make it a layer...

...or double click layer and click OK, same result...

...if you now select the white border with the magic wand tool and hit delete you will have a transparent background...

...however it is still technically still a square image with a transparent background...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back