Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cropped picture looks streaky

Status
Not open for further replies.

leahloy1973

Technical User
Jul 15, 2004
US
I just used the marquee tool and the background eraser tool to erase a portion of a picture. I then saved the picture as a .tiff. I then went to Help>Export Transparent Image>For Print and saved the image as a .eps file. On Photoshop screen, it looks great. I then go into PageMaker and place the photo and when it opens it looks streaky and blotchy.

Anyone run into anything like this before and figured out how to fix it? Maybe I saved it wrong...but I did this same thing with another picture and it looked great...

Thanks,

Hi leahloy1973,

Pagemaker uses a small 72 dpi file to show on your screen. This is done to speed up the working in Pagemaker, when printed the original info of the photoshop file is used.

hope this helps.

carlow

You can change PMs preferences to view a higher resolution image of your photo and not just the low-rez placeholder, but be aware what you see on screen will still not be as good as it will print (assuming you have a high-rez original) as PMs display is just not that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back