Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crop Tool - I need the straight arrows back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nappalonia

Technical User
Jan 19, 2005
US
Hello Tek-tips!!!

I am working in PS7 with the crop tool, when I go to drag the crop box I get curved arrrows, so when I try to crop it moves in different directions instead of up/down/left/right, my question is how do I get the straight arrows back.

I hope I've explained this well enough for someone to help me. Thanks in advance!!

Cass

Once you've dragged out your original crop shape then adjustment is all based on where you hover your cursor. If you hover near a corner point you will get the "curved arrows" to allow you to rotate. If you hover near a point in the middle of one of the edges you will get the "straight arrows". If you hover in the center of the crop area you will get the "move tool".

Hey dimoj, thanks a lot!!

That's what I thought, the cursor is only straight at the corner or the box, the middle of the edge still gives me a curved arrow, I've got to figure this out it's driving me nuts!!

Maybe you have Perspective checked in the crop tool options. Make sure it is unchecked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back