Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crop marks of a document are not lining up when printed 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue79

Technical User
Sep 27, 2006
US
I created a double sided 3 page brochure and when I printed out the document front and back on the same piece of paper, the crop marks do not line up and some of my document gets cut off. The crop marks and specs of the document match up and are correct. Does it happen this way when it is sent to the printer or do they have their own way of printing out the brochure on special paper? Please help!!

Try measuring the cropmarks on your print. If they are the same distance apart on each size, then there won't be a problem when you send it to print. Your printer probably won't have the same shift as you do, but they have more equipment at their disposal to correct it if it does happen.

I notice that the document I print out on both sides is not centered. The crop marks are there, but the document itself is not centered on the paper. Maybe that is why its not lining up right? Also, I am trying put text into a quark document and when I highlight the copy in a pdf and copy and paste it in the text box, its doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

...yes, i wouldn't be concerned about the lining up of your printer, your desktop printer is probably not as accurate as the print providers equipment...

...I expect your piece of paper jumps about a bit when entering the machine and it probably prints slightly off center at the best of times, this is the nature of desktop printers really. If it has a proper duplexor it may do a better job, if it has a duplexor and is printing way off line it may be worth getting it serviced...

...when you select the text in the pdf, under edit > copy, is 'copy greyed out? if so then the document is protected by security features and no editing can be performed, unless you strip the security from the pdf via a password in acrobat professional or via third party software available to crack password protected pdf files...

Andrew

...if 'copy' isn't greyed out and you are having trouble, you might like to try saving the pdf as a text file via 'save as' and selecting the rtf fomat or plain text options. Open it in a text editor and copy and paste from that, or import it into quark via 'get text'...

all the best!!

andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back