Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Croos Tab Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

report2000

Technical User
Mar 1, 2005
US
Hello,
I created a calculated field using insert summary feature (distinct count) that counts the distinctcount of a customerID.
Then I took the distinct count (Calculated by insert summary) and created a formula which takes the distinct count and times it by 10.
Now I would like to bring the result (distinct count *10) into my cross tab report.
I cannot see my formla in the list of available fields that I can use in my cross tab wizard.

Please help

Click on crosstab then go to cross-tab-expert
Drag the field you want to sum (e.g. ad_cost) to the summerizied field cell. Then create a formula field name (e.g. {ad_cost} * 10)

Thank you.
I tried your solution.
The problem I have is that I created a running total.
(1) Created a formula that does the following in order to come up with a distinct ID:
{CLCHARGE.ACCOUNT}+totext({CLCHARGE.XACDATE2})
(2) Select distinct count of my formula in step (1)
(3)I chose evaluate using formula:
{CLCHARGE.FACILITY} = "LOS ANGELES" or
{CLCHARGE.FACILITY} = "PASADENA" or
{CLCHARGE.FACILITY} = "OFFICE"
(4)I chose reset in change of group (e.g manager)
(5)I created a formula that takes the result and times it to 10.

Now my report works as long as I don't try to bring the result from step (4) or (5) into a cross tab. The formula is not in the list of available fields that I can select.

I tried to use the regular formula instead of running total. The formula is not in the list of available fields that I can select

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back