Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRON Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgill

MIS
Feb 21, 2003
IE
Running Solaris8.
I have cron jobs set to run every hour from 6am till 7pm, as oracle user, which transfers archive log files to my standby system. This job ran ok till 7:00pm yesterday evening.
Since 6am this morning it fails.

Here is the line in the crontab:

00 6-19 * * * /usr/lbin/copy_arch.sh -s /archive/G -t /archive/G -r stdby -z 1>>/var/log/copy_archG.log 2>&1

Here is cron log entry:

> CMD: /usr/lbin/copy_arch.sh -s /archive/G -t /archive/G -r stdby -z 1>>/var/log/copy_archG.log 2>&1
> oracle 16959 c Mon Jun 13 12:30:00 2005
! bad user (oracle) Mon Jun 13 12:30:00 2005
> CMD: /admin/sys_q_stat > /dev/null 2>&1
> root 16960 c Mon Jun 13 12:30:00 2005
< oracle 16959 c Mon Jun 13 12:30:00 2005 rc=1

Cron jobs work fine for root user. The oracle user is in cron.allow. Why is oracle "bad user" I have the same problem with another users cron jobs as well.
I have searched here and saw a thread about secure ssh causing cron problems on solaris8. I have recreated crontab from system console and still get the same problem. I have also stopped and re-started the cron process, but no luck.
Any help much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back