Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Croatian letters in dataset

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapunjara

MIS
Jun 28, 2007
Hy,
as you can see, my problem is in showing croatian letters in web form. Data source for data that are written in the form is the DataSet and I dont use standard component datagrid. I simply take data set and generate table which shows data from source. My web page is in ASP.NET 1.1 and I'm using C# which is making queries at DB which is MySQL 5.0. DB is working just fine, it handles my letters, but when I make query, and my dataadpter fills dataset, I get a lot of ????, ****, and other stuf which represents places where croatian character are in place. I've even trided to localize dataset with globalization, but I think the problem lays in step in front of the dataset, in the dataadapter. Does someone knows how to force it to show croatian letters?
P.S. My header of page is set to the characterset=windows1250, DB names and collations are set to cp1250_croatian_ci, and dataset is set to System.Globalization.CultureInfo("hr").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back