Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRN: view generated sql in ReportStudio

Status
Not open for further replies.

timida

MIS
Feb 1, 2004
AT
Hi,

is there a possibility to view the generated SQL in Cognos ReportNet (Report Studio)?
I have a report with two prompts (2 seperate queries). After I inserted a header section - report studio generated another query (master-detail query). I already found the possibility to show the SQL for one query (via query explorer and property "generated sql"). However I want to see the complete sql-query, incl. the passed prompt-values. In Impromptu this was possible in the query-window after the report was executed.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
timida

Hi Timida,

- click on your Query Explorer
- select the tabular model for your report
- click on 'Generate SQL'in the properties window at the bottom-left of your screen

Hope it helps.

Cheers

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
COGNOiSe.com

The world's first dedicated COGNOS portal

..oops sorry timida - i missed the second part of your post. Will have a quick look on the prompt SQL and get back to you.

COGNOiSe.com

timida,

looks like the only way to do it is to 'trap' the SQL at each query - which is not really practical. i checked with my team and we all came to the same dead end.

love to hear if anyone else was able to come up with an alternative.

cheers

COGNOiSe.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back