Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRM version 8.4 Users in the Room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2001
US
Good Day;

Is anyone out there running CRM version 8.4? What are the lessons that you most distinctly wish someone had told you before you started? We are starting with a small CRM project for one division, but have a couple of monster rollouts on the horizon. 3 sides to every story; yours, mine, and the truth

Extreme 1992

What are you looking to rollout? Which applications Sales, Support, Feild Service?

We fit PeopleSoft's "mid-size" criteria, and are rolling out CRM Sales and Marketing for our commercial bank. 3 sides to every story; yours, mine, and the truth

Extreme 1992

Hi,

Please how did you handle the data import in your CRM 8.4 rollout. Are you using any OLE automation?

Thanks in advance

We have PeopleSoft building a custom import mechanism, to work with the Process Scheduler, to import specified customer records. We are not importing prior data at this time, as it is only disparate Act! data. This custom tool will load the records as company records with a status of prospect, rather than as leads. We will then utilize the company records as the basis of lead lists to be pushed out through Marketing module campaigns.

To directly answer the question on point, no, we are not utilizing any OLE means in our Phase I.

What do you have planned, or what are you using? 3 sides to every story; yours, mine, and the truth

Extreme 1992

Hi,

We are thinking of utilizing component interface for data import so that we can adhere to the PS business rules and stick to the PS BORM model. We would like to know any potential issues with this approach.

The OLE question is not related to data import, we are moving from Vantive which is client-server where we utilized OLE with MS Word. In PS since all Peoplecode is processed at the AppServer, we would like to know what workarounds one can apply to still pass info to a user's MS Word app from PS.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back