Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRM Contacts NOT syncronizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvsql

Technical User
Apr 3, 2003
CA
This was working yesterday, but now it doesn't.

My user ID has 2 contacts created in CRM. I have the sync settings set to Contacts and the local data I have set to Owner=CurrentUser.

When in CRM, I click on My Active Contacts and the 2 are listed.

However, when I syncronize, nothing is imported into Contacts.

On another user's computer, I imported the contacts from Outlook into CRM as that user. CRM can see all the contacts fine. The first time it sync'd EVERY contact was copied to Outlook (therefore duplicating EVERYTHING) so I had to delete everything and re-import into the Outlook Contacts.

Now, nothing syncs. If I have no contacts in OUtlook, nothing is added from CRM.

What's the issue? The only difference is adding the update rollup 2 yesterday.

You ever get by this (wow - missed this in Feb - sorry)?

I THINK when you upload things the Owner is who uploaded them.

We got around this a different way. We used the customization features in CRM...

First we created a bit field call 'OL_SYNC_TO_LUVSQL' (and one for each user) in both the account & the contact.

THEN we put that on another tab for the Accounts and Contacts.

Next their local data group was set where they were the owning user OR OL_SYNC_TO_LUVSQL was true.

Seems to work pretty well - then when we have CRM users leave - we can add a new field to the DB through the CRM panels

make sense? I hate it when people answer old threads - so sorry if this annoys more than helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back