Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRM 4 - Dynamically select Pane and Tab that is not set as the default

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sisko99

Programmer
Jul 13, 2010
US
In my Personalization Options, if my default start page is set to the Workplace Pane and the Lead tab for example, is there a way to open the "Account" tab (or any other tab that is not the default) instead of the default tab I have set to Lead when I access the CRM main page (i.e. Either via querystring parameters, plug-in using the crm sdk, etc.

The scenario is that I created a new subarea under the "My Work" Group of the Workplace. I edited the SiteMap so the url of the new subarea points to a custom .NET application outside of CRM. The application loads fine and all the functionality of the custom application work as designed when the new subarea link is clicked on the CRM navigation of the home page.

Since this new subarea will not be the default tab for user’s Personalization Options, I need to be able to open this new subarea from a link (e.g. so that the users do not have to open CRM and then click on the new subarea in the navigation menu to see the custom application.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back