Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRM 3.0 laptop client cannot connect to CRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

spie34

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2006
US
I'm running Windows XP with Office 2007. I am trying to get the CRM client to connect to the server. In IE it works great.

I have downloaded the new client from MS and it does say it is online and my folders come up in Outlook but I get an error stating that I need to verify my credentials and the login box goes away after 3 attempts yet it still shows me as online in the systray.

So when I go to access a folder I get an error stating that an error has occured contact the sysadmin.

The other interesting thing to note is that I used outlook 2003 with an older client and it worked just fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to look for next? The event logs haven't given me much info either other than this.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSCRMAddin
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5971
Date: 6/11/2007
Time: 4:42:33 PM
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
A problem occurred initializing Microsoft CRM COM interop. Restart Microsoft CRM and try again. HR=0x80004003. Context=. Function=CAddin::prepareInterop. Line=1720.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
I've tried to google this as well and it said to reinstall something but that hasn't worked for me either.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back