Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Critique my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbdw6708

Vendor
Jun 22, 2000
US
I created my site as a web portal for supply chain managment/e-business. Please let me know what you think of it and more importantly how I can improve it.
thanx, dave waters

Hey Dave, just looked at the site...looks nice and simple...good job.
Here are my thoughts:

1...Your Navigation Menu (on top of page) it might be a nicer effect if you had a menu-border around it.

2...The orange on the bottom of the page, not a good idea...hurts the eyes

3...Under "SCT POPULAR AREAS" the link "More Discussion" is indented in for some reason...

4...Try putting the categories INDUSTRY NEWS, COMMERCIAL SITES, SCT POPULAR AREAS and all in a table...

5...Get rid of the maroon bar under the link: "Six Sigma" in Quality section...

6...The copyright info. should be smaller font...

7...The "Discussion Forum Questions:" section, push that a little further down the page...everything looks so crowded, if you push it down it'd look nicer...

8...Push the top navigation bar a little further down also...

Well that's it for now...
Hope I helped... I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Hi mate,

I agree with GUJUm0deL points and also have a few more..

First thing that I notice is the animated gifs, personally they annoy me but that is my personal opinion. You totally draw attention off of the rest of your page because they are flashing away in the corner of my eye when I try to read something..

On the bottom of the home page you have the following:

"What are various strategies companies use to centralize purchasing in order to leverage volume."

Is that a question? I don`t know if the grammar is correct where you live but I am in the UK and here a question should have a question mark after it.. Also should it not be "USING" instead of "USE"?

Also on the home page you have the following:

"e-MAIL SYSTEMS" All your other headers are uppercase so should this not be as well?

On the jobs page I would consider a faint background image..

One other thing that I noticed was that the top and bottom navigation menus are different. Mabye consider using both the same...

Other than that, looks good..

Hope this helps Wullie

1 or 2 other things,
I dont really like how the top table relates to whats below it, by that I mean I think it would ne nicer if the main logo and the weekly fav's list matched with the cols below them, it all looks a little off-center or misaligned.

On links, the main logo goes to a picture page with no explanation text.
If I click on the NEWS gif it goes to azconsignment with no obvious way back!
I dont like the flashing gifs either.
Maybe match up Commercial Sites with Business Sections, i'm a sucker for having things lines up!

É **new site coming soon**
**don't visit just yet**

well I have a little suggestion I would put a couple graphics on the site to much text and that is a little hard on the eyes I think it is a little bit to plain to. sorry and another suggestion organize alot of those links

It is not handicap accessible. I am not disabled but I teach how to make web sites accessible for those with disablities. It is US Federal Law (section 508) for its sites and most of the US states have followed suit. You can run your pages through Bobby at to get an idea of what needs to be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back