Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Critical updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bentek

Technical User
Apr 30, 2002
GB
Does anybody know if there is a way to saftley download all the microsoft critical updates to one computer with a good internet connection and copy them all to cd so they can be run on computers with slow modem connections. If so can they be ran as a batch job or do they have to ran individually

Hope someone can help

You could try "AUTOPATCHER" available from

This has virtually every patch available and a lot of performance tweaks aswell, but I suggest that if you use it know what the patches are because it does a lot you might not require (as does windows update), ie: it applies Q319233 Keypad "=" Key May Not Work on NEC PC98 USB Keyboard by default.

It has a link to MS for most of the patches but you might need to go there and search for some.

I use it all the time now and there are versions for different W2k, W2k3.

---------------
Johnodq
---------------
Please let me know if the advice I give is of help.
Feedback will benefit all

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back