Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Critical Error by BE 8.6 for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

megoon

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2003
DE
I have Compaq Proliant ML350 server with an interal Compaq tape drive. I get an alert saying the tape has been ejected while reading/writing and the operation has failed. However, the backup continues to %100 and appears to work fine. Any ideas?

nobody has an idea about that problem???

Hello,
I have had issues with my ML350 20/40 unit, and am still not sure where they came from, however, I spoke to HP, and they told me to go to Hp.com and search for L&TT (Library and tape tools). I downloaded this program, executed and installed on the server with the tape drive. The file name is hp-ltt34-win , assuming you are running W2k server.

It tests the drive and tapes and it may help solve the issue.

I use Veritas Back-up Exec 8.5, and one thing I found was that somehow, I was using the Microsoft tape drive drivers instead of the Veritas driver, so somewhere in the help screen as I recall, there is a link to install the Veritas drivers.

Good Luck
BFCLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back